Walker learning is a highly structured and responsive approach to learning for each individual student. It creates an ethos in which all students are able to participate, progress and achieve.
Walker Learning is about ensuring that every student achieves their full potential during their school years and are better prepared for life-long learning. It is concerned with transforming education and schooling to best fit citizens in the 21st century. Personalised Learning is about the tailoring of pedagogy, curriculum and learning support to meet the needs, interests and aptitudes of all learners.
is passionate about placing the student at the centre of learning and teaching strategies. Our students are actively engaged in their own personal investigations to meet learning intentions and goals. Students learn with the explicit teaching of skills and understandings at the point of need within dynamic learning environments.
Our students display:
- Higher levels of engagement and motivation
- Higher oral language skills
- Increased writing
- Increased social skills
- Decreased behavioural problems
At St Paul Apostle NORTH School we value the individuality of each member of our community and the unique gifts and talents they bring.
Therefore we believe:
- Learning occurs in different ways and at different rates.
- Learning needs to be meaningful, challenging, relevant, exciting and build on previous knowledge and skills.
- Opportunities should be given for learners to practise and apply the skills they have learnt in a variety of ways.
- Collaboration and discussion about learning are important.
- Learning should incorporate goal setting and taking responsibility for our own learning.
- Learning is a lifelong journey that, while at school, we are undertaking together as a community.